Allods Online: PH first thoughts

It's been a while since I made a blog post. This time around, I'll be talking about Allods Online: PH, which was ported by levelupgames to the Philippines. It's been an international MMORPG for quiet a while now, and it's my first time playing since the open beta came out.

I've tried and played several online games by level up, RF online, Rohan, and many others, and it's quiet exciting to play something new once in a while. With RF's omicron server now up, I've decided to leave my ever dearest character sleeping in the accretian HQ and explore the world of Allods.

The game design is actually pretty amazing. In the character selection screen, you get to choose between two factions: and guess which faction i've chosen - LEAGUE. I don't know why but remembering star wars with the EMPIRE and everything, it feels to me like the empire are the bad people. Just kidding. :)
So I've created my character and started playing. The tutorial in the beginning was great. It is really different from other games i've played, where the NPC's really move around with you. So, playing the game for a few levels gave me a good overview of the game and makes it more exciting to reach higher levels in order to unlock more skills and spells.

The only downside i've seen is the unbearable lag in-game. When you try to attack a monster, your attacks are delayed and you don't notice that your HP is already at half when fighting with a monster. Sometimes you'll just be dead in an instant. I hope this will be fixed soon. And there are a lot of bugs. I also hope this will be fixed soon in the upcoming patches.

One thing more, the graphics aren't that stunning, but I'm playing on a 9800GT, but the graphics are still that demanding. Sometimes it just drops down to 10-15 FPS even in areas with no people. NOTE: settings are already on low and i still lag.

I've also read that a GeForce FX5200 can still support and run this game. But, when you try to run it, even with the latest drivers installed, it always says: PLEASE INSTALL LATEST DRIVERS. Note: I've installed the latest drivers from the nvidia website.

These are the only cons i've seen so far, but nevertheless, it doesn't keep me from playing Allods Online Philippines. See you on the Battlefield!

Comments

Popular Posts